Visit our website

Visit http://www.candycaintravelglr.com/ to plan your Dream Wedding and Honeymoon today!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Who does what?

Who does what? We had a general idea. We knew Jason would focus on booking travel and I would handle wedding planning. But what about all of the rest of it? So much more goes into starting up a new business, but we didn't exactly sit down and work out the details.  We probably should have.

Jason and I have very, very different strengths.  He kicks butt at everything computer related so naturally he was in charge of building all of our websites, making our Facebook Groups, all of the technology related stuff.  I'm all about writing, marketing and networking, really anything that might get our company name noticed.  I spend hours trying to figure out the next topic for our blog, or review to put up on lunch.com.  I have bunches of ideas but not a lot of time to execute, so I try to figure out what the most "bang" is for my time.

Jason spends a lot of time researching travel deals and booking actual travel for our clients, which takes a lot of time and effort. He's really very good at it. I'm amazed at how quickly he's become an expert at scouring for the best deals, but of course he has been trained by the best - our mentor, Candy Cain! 

So the other day I was feeling bad, it seemed like maybe I wasn't doing as much work as Jason has done so far. He's booked a good amount of travel, but I haven't planned any weddings yet (I know, I know, it's only been 6 weeks). Then we discussed it and I realized that a lot of the leads we've gotten, quotes we've done and travel we've booked have been a result of my networking and marketing efforts.

Hmmm, it really is a team effort. Not effortless, no not at all! We didn't realize, but maybe that's a good thing! If we'd have really thought it through we might have talked ourselves out of it. Instead we just jumped off the deep end, took the plunge if you will. We'll sink or swim, but we'll do it together.  I have a feeling we'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment