Visit our website

Visit http://www.candycaintravelglr.com/ to plan your Dream Wedding and Honeymoon today!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Real Deal...

Before we hired a wedding planner it seemed like we were getting a TON of misinformation, mixed up information and crazy information from all kinds of various sources. And it all depended on the website I read, the wedding show I attended or the magazine I picked up. It was enough to make a person's head spin.

What we wanted was a beach wedding at an adults only, all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. More specifically we wanted to get married at Sandals Negril. But I had attended a bridal show where I had met a travel agent who specifically told me that was out of the question. Why you ask?  See, my Maid of Honor is a fabulous single woman. So is my mother. This travel agent told me that absolutely no exceptions could be made for circumstances like these, so I'd have to look at Beaches Resorts as an alternative. I was pretty disappointed.

A few nights letter I sent the infamous email to our now business partner Candy Cain. She was just stunned to learn that any travel agent would give out such ridiculous and incorrect information. Sandals is happy to accommodate wedding parties made up of any marital status. Of course since they are a "couples resort" there is a catch, but isn't there always? We did have to pay for each "single" as if they were a "couple". We were more than happy to do so since it meant we could have our wedding at the resort of our dreams.

I had also read in several reputable wedding magazines that resorts may not allow for bringing in my own wedding flowers if they provide them as a service. Nothing could be further from the truth! I had gorgeous silk bouquets created by Creative Edge Events (they looked incredibly real and I got so many compliments you would not even believe!). Again, there is a catch.  They don't really want you so ship them an entire box of silks to decorate the whole wedding.  But something can always be arranged, there will likely just be a set up fee, but it can be made to work.

So my point is, don't take anything you read or hear as gospel. Keep asking until you hear the same thing from several very reliable sources. Or, until you get the answer you want!! I mean really, it is YOUR wedding after all. Give us a call as 248-560-7001, or drop me a line at anita@candycaintravelgr.com if you want the straight answers about your Destination Wedding. At Candy Cain Travel Great Lakes Region we will always give you the most accurate information possible. And if we don't know, we won't guess, we will find out and get back to you as soon as we know!

No comments:

Post a Comment